The iGoEco Challenge of 2015 has concluded.
However, you can keep "going eco" all year long.
Check out the information below to learn
· Public transportation is a national priority specifically identified to combat global climate change.
· Public transportation allows an immediate alternative for individuals seeking to reduce their energy usage and carbon footprint.
· By eliminating one car in a two-car household, utilizing public transportation can result in a savings of up to 30% of a household's annual carbon dioxide emissions.
· By choosing to ride the bus, 50 people can save at least 32 gallons of gas in just one day!
· One MATBUS bus full of people removes up to 85 cars from the road. That's a line of cars approximately four city blocks long. Think of the traffic jam averted by utilizing MATBUS!
· Hybrid electric buses improve fuel economy 25 - 50% over a conventional diesel system in urban transit systems. MATBUS has eight hybrid fixed route buses.
· A single commuter switching to public transportation can reduce their household's carbon emissions by 10-30%, making public transportation the single most effective way for an individual to reduce this harmful greenhouse gas - 10 times greater than other methods!
· The effects of public transportation save the US 4.2 billion gallons of gasoline per year - more than three times the amount of gasoline imported from Kuwait.
out more information on how easy it can be to "get on board" at
The iGoEco Challenge for 2015 has ended but stay tuned for iGoEco 2016, launching in March!